Friday, November 8, 2013

Core'dinations Clean and Simple

Hi to all my hard core croppers out there.  Here is a card I am submitting to the Core'dinations challenge for Clean and Simple. Tami Mayberry initiated this challenge. I will admit, I have a hard time with this topic...just ask my friend Julie. She laughs every time I say I'm going to make a simple card and then I just keep adding :) Hope you like it.

 
I picked the card stock and ran it through the embossing folder for the background. Then die cut the hexagons using the same card stock and die cut the letters. I then sanded all, even the letters to reveal the coordinating core color. I used distress ink on the edges of the hexagons and background piece. I started with the base card and stamped the sentiment using my stamp positioner, then matted each layer of card stock to the latter. I laid out the hexagons so they were pleasing to my eye and popped two of them up for some dimension. Lastly, I glued on the letters...clean and simple :) 

Supplies used:
Vintage, Reminisce colorcore card stock
Black Magic, Hocus Pocus colorcore card stock
Sizzix swirly star embossing folder
TH Alterations Wanted alpha die strip
TH Distress ink - evergreen bough
Paper Cut - Mirri card, silver
Anchor Paper - Stardream card stock 
Impression Obsession - sentiment
Sanding block, dust cloth - Core'dinations

1 comment:

  1. This is so neat!!!! Love everything..the colors..the shapes...the texture..the sanding...

    ReplyDelete